I have 3 1st gen Rav 4s and unable to get the hose to the bottom of the tank. I am giving it 3 stars because I know it is just an access issue so in other applications I can see how it will work
Our listing does recommend purchasing our car access kit first if car access is desired so that you can test the functionality with your car before buying the siphon.
I needed this pump to empty the gas tank on my 98 4Runner. I had to drop the tank to do frame welding right next to the tank. I after pumping the fuel out, the truck only ran for about 20 seconds. I’m amazed that I was able to get ALL of the fuel out. My only word of caution, is to be mindful that there is a moving float mounted on a thin arm inside of fuel tanks. Be gentle as you insert your hose to avoid bending the arm and throwing off the gas gauge reading. I pumped it directly into another vehicle. Try THAT with a siphon.
The kit is well made and well put-together. For my project, I removed the pump and installed it in my jet ski to transfer additional fuel to my gas tank while I'm out on the water. The wireless remote actually works great for my purpose, but I'm planning to install a switch instead as I don't want to deal with a battery or wireless receiver going out in the middle of the ocean. It transfers about a gallon a minute and that's fast enough for me. I've been using this every weekend and no issues. It's quiet and doesn't use a lot of energy to power.
The hoses that come with the kit are great. They're long enough and well thought out. Love it so far.
I use it to rotate fuel from equipment to truck fuel tank. It works very well. Very highly engineered. I use non ethanol fuel only. Flushed unit with diesel after use. I move fuel quarterly and so far no problems with equipment. Thanks FlowJoe for a quality product.
I knew as soon as I opened the case this product was legit. Hooked up to the primer bulb at the back of boat and 30gal 30min later tank was bone dry!! Ran it straight into my excursion tank so no need for multiple 5 gallon trips back and forth until empty. Auto shut off with remote is a game changer for safety!! I almost bought all the parts to make my own siphon but seen this last minute online and it was a no brainer. The AC to DC 12v converter is also a must have especially for the price. I do recommend getting an extra inline filter incase you drop it during use so there’s no down time with ordering a new one. Extra fuel line is also a must for the price(MADE IN THE USA!!). I’ve made several barbed brass fittings for different applications so I’m always cutting a little hose off for a new tight fit. My only worry is now all my family and friends know I have this and will want to borrow it!! Lol
Important Safety Information
- Read the manual before using our product. Failure to do so can result in serious injury.
- Only use this product outdoors.
- Do not operate within 50 feet of a building or structure.
- Do not operate when tired or when under the influence of drugs or medication.
- Do not use your mouth to help siphon flammable liquids.
- Keep these products away from children.
- Inspect before each use; do no use if parts are loose or damaged or if you detect any leakage.
- If a fuse blows, replace the fuse with a 3 amp 12 volt fuse only. If fuse blows repeatedly, stop use immediately and contact GenTap.
- Do not smoke in the presence of gasoline or flammable vapors.
- Keep a Class B fire extinguisher with you and ready at all times during operation.
- Maintain product labels and nameplates. These carry important information. If unreadable or missing, contact GenTap for replacement.